Bendigo Bank Announces Apple Pay Support in Australia
Starting today, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank in Australia is offering support for Apple Pay. The announcement means account holders in Victoria and South Australia can now use Apple Pay with their Bendigo Blue Bank cards.
People who use Apple Pay with their Bendigo Bank MasterCard will continue to get the rewards and benefits that their Mastercard credit and debit cards provide.
Eligible cards also include:
- Act. Mastercard® debit
- Basic Black Mastercard credit
- Blue Mastercard debit
- Business Mastercard credit
- Business Mastercard debit
- CSB b-entertained Mastercard
- CSB b-packaged Mastercard
- Low Rate Mastercard
- Low Rate Platinum Mastercard
- Platinum Mastercard
- Pokitpal Mastercard debit
- Qantas Platinum Mastercard
- Ready Red Mastercard credit
- RSPCA Mastercard
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank was one of several banks that lost a fight in March to gain access to the NFC chip used in iPhones so they could offer their own integrated digital wallets to customers.
They also unsuccessfully lobbied the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to be allowed to collectively bargain with Apple and boycott Apple Pay.
Discuss this article in our forums