Nintendo Has Earned $400M From Fire Emblem Heroes on Mobile Devices
That $400 million total includes earnings across both the iOS App Store and the Google Play store, and it’s up from the $300 million the game had earned a year after its launch.
Fire Emblem Heroes allows players to level up popular characters from the well-known Fire Emblem Nintendo game series, engaging in strategic battles as part of an original storyline developed for mobile devices.
According to Sensor Tower, Fire Emblem Heroes is Nintendo and DeNA’s most successful mobile game to date. Nintendo’s mobile games have proven to be a lucrative venture for the company, and Fire Emblem Heroes is sold alongside two other games set in the Nintendo universe and adapted for mobile, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and Super Mario Run.
At $400 million earned, Fire Emblem Heroes has significantly outperformed the other two games, with Super Mario Run earning Nintendo an estimated $64 million to date and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp earning $42 million.
Approximately 52 percent of the $400M spent on Fire Emblem Heroes is from Google Play, with the remaining 48 percent brought in by the App Store. Players in Japan spend the most on Fire Emblem Heroes accounting for 56 percent of revenue, followed by the United States at 31 percent.
During the month of June, gamers spent more than $23 million on Fire Emblem Heroes, and according to Sensor Tower, momentum does not appear to be waning.
Discuss this article in our forums