Florida resident Jason Colon was listening to his AirPods while at the gym this week when they started to malfunction, and a white smoke allegedly started pouring out.
According to Colon, he then left the AirPods sitting on a piece of gym equipment and ran to get help, and when he got back, one of the AirPods was charred and destroyed.
„It was already like this. It was already popped. I didn’t see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! You can see flame damage,“ Colon told a local channel 8 news station.
It appears no one else at the gym was around to see what happened to the AirPod, so it’s not clear if the device did [...]
Apple has pledged to donate $1 million to fire relief efforts in Northern California, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.
In addition to donating $1 million, Apple will also match employee donations two-for-one.
Image via the SF Chronicle Tim Cook on Tuesday said Apple would donate to relief efforts, but at the time, he did not specify a dollar amount.
Our thoughts are with our Bay Area friends & neighbors affected by wildfires. Please stay safe! Apple is donating to aid relief efforts.
— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) October 10, 2017
There are several fires raging in Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Rosa, [...]
On the heels of the launch of the Apple TV 4K with support for HDR and 4K, Amazon today unveiled its next-generation Fire TV, which also has 4K HDR support.
The new device, which appears to replace both the Fire TV box and the Fire TV stick, features a 1.5GHz quad-core processor, an Alexa Voice Remote, Dolby Atmos support, 802.11ac WiFi, and 2160p video at up to 60 frames per second.
Image via The Verge Designed to be more like the Chromecast than the Apple TV, the new Fire TV is a small, hockey puck-sized square with a cable at one end to plug into a television set. It has Alexa support and offers access to hundreds of apps.
Amazon plans to offer [...]
Wisconsin resident Xai Thao and her home insurance provider State Farm have jointly sued Apple for over $75,000 this week, claiming the company sold Thao a defective and dangerous iPhone 4s that started a fire in her home last year.
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. district court, alleges the house fire was the direct result of the iPhone’s battery short-circuiting and heating up. Thao nor anyone else ever changed the battery in the iPhone, according to the complaint. On or about April 1, 2016, the iPhone failed, starting a fire in Thao’s home. Preliminary investigations show evidence of a significant and localized heating event in the battery area of the iPhone [...]